Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Victoria Lee Markland

My birth name is Victoria Lee Markland. I was born August 13, 1945 in Toledo, Ohio and adopted thru Lutheran Social Services of Northeastern Ohio. The adoption was finalized October 21, 1946 in Bryan, Ohio. I am looking for ANY member of my birth family - birth mother, birth father, any brothers or sisters, aunts, uncles, and/or cousins. I am now 61 years old and I have no intention of disrupting anyone's life - I just need to know where I came from. I have always been very talented in the field of music and went to college thinking I would be a concert pianist. I would love to know where my talent came from. I was adopted by wonderful people who gave me every possible advantage, but I have always felt incomplete. Just having some information of my background would help fill that void. If there is anyone out there who knows of my existence and can give me some info, I would be most appreciative. If you're my birth mother, please know that I love you, knowing the sacrifice you made. I have 2 grown daughters of my own and they fill my life with joy on a daily basis, as do my 5 beautiful grandchildren.

3 comments:

joannes blog said...

This is a beautiful job you did here. I wish you all the luck in your search.

Joanne B

joannes blog said...

Mary: I wish you all the best in your search, may you find your missing links.

Joanne B
http://joanne311space.blogspot.com/

Anne said...

I too am adopted and found my birth mother 18 years ago and my birth father 7 years ago. My daughter is gifted in piano and after finding my father, I learned his father(my bio-grandfather) too was gifted in music. It was nice to see the genetic connection, gave my daughter and me a nice feeling to know that we also had a genetic past that was influencing our current lives. Knowing information is so vital to adoptess and to their children. Luckily my children always knew my birthmom but only recently learned about my birth-dad. I wish you luck and if you need help over whatever stumbling block that is keeping you from finding, please let me know and maybe I can help. I did a lot of my own detective work for both my searches. I am starting a website called www.adopteesvoice.com, it should be up soon. I want to provide a forum or voice for adoptees and provide a place to gather information, to aid in searching and a place to just talk to fellow adoptees and others in the triad who support our need and right to know our full personal information.