Monday, January 29, 2007

My name is "Adoptee" and I am a POW

My name is “Adoptee”
And I am a POW.

I am being held captive by the bureaucracy of the government of the United States of America.

Although my captors treat me politely, they do NOT treat me like a human being. While human beings are allowed to celebrate their heritage, mine is hidden from me. While human beings are allowed to know their genetic makeup, mine is hidden from me. While human beings are allowed to know their medical history, mine is hidden from me.

When I ask to have the same information as human beings, I am told I must fill out a multitude of forms and, in some cases, pay for the information on these forms. When I complete the multitude of forms and pay the ransom required, my captors decide what parts of the information I’m allowed to view and what I’m not.

While human beings of the United States of America have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, as “Adoptee”, my captors are allowed to determine which life I live, how much liberty I have in living that life, and to control my pursuit of happiness.

I beg for release from captivity. I beg for freedom. I beg to be a human being !!

My name is “Adoptee”
And I am a Prisoner of the Adoption War
Victoria Lee Markland a/k/a Mary J. Gable

No comments: